Culture & Recreation >> Bay Beach
Bay Beach Rules
The following rules apply to patrons visiting Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) during operating hours (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.):
- Beachgoers must present a valid resident, commercial or day pass before entering the beach. Proof of residency will not be required when entering Bay Beach.
- Bay Beach hours of operation are Monday to Sunday (including holidays) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Public access to the beach is permitted outside hours of operation unless otherwise mandated through government orders. All Town beaches are closed from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- A limited number of people will be allowed on Bay Beach each day with no exceptions. Once reached, the beach will be closed to new patrons.
- Upon entering the beach, security may ask for you to show the items within your bags. Refusal to do this will make a patron inadmissible to the beach.
- Pass holders will enter through the Ashwood or Main Street entrances and leave through the Ashwood or Schooley Road exits.
- Service Dogs are allowed access when wearing proper service vests. If your guide dog/service animal does not wear a vest or harness, you can show documentation from a regulated health professional.
The following are NOT ALLOWED on Bay Beach at all times:
- Fires, dogs (with the exception of service dogs that are clearly identified with service vests), glass containers, littering, public defecation/urination, alcohol, smoking or vaping tobacco/cannabis, BBQs or pavilions.
- No tents of any size or type, sport-brellas or any material mounted on supports. Only umbrellas with a centre pole no greater than seven feet, six inches in height and a maximum shade diameter of nine feet will be permitted.
Bay Beach rules are enforced by onsite beach staff, security and by-law enforcement.