Bay Beach Rules
COVID-19 UPDATE | Fort Erie is temporarily restricting access to Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) and limiting patron capacity in 2021. To access Bay Beach this summer, beachgoers must present an eligible Bay Beach pass (restrictions apply) as well as proof of residency such as a driver’s licence.
The following rules apply to patrons visiting Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) during business hours:
- Beachgoers must be eligible based on the admission matrix AND have an eligible pass (i.e. resident, commercial or day) AND proof of residency (i.e. driver’s licence) to gain access to Bay Beach.
- If you reside in a region marked as Grey by the Province, you will be denied access to Bay Beach.
- Individuals from outside of Fort Erie who are renting a local cottage can only attend Bay Beach if Niagara is in Orange, Yellow or Green with a Commercial Pass provided from the cottage owner.
- Fort Erie cottage owners can purchase both a Resident Season Pass and a Commercial Pass. A Resident Season Pass is for personal use and is needed to gain access to Bay Beach, with identification (i.e. health card, driver's license, passport) as well as a utility bill (recent tax bill, water bill, hydro bill) that proves you are the owner of a local property. Commercial Season Passes can be purchased for renters of your cottage to use when Niagara is in Orange, Yellow or Green and can be transferrable amongst renters throughout the summer.
- The Bay Beach hours of operation are Monday to Sunday (including holidays) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Public access to the beach is permitted outside hours of operation unless otherwise mandated through government orders. All Town beaches are closed from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- Only 2,000 people will be allowed on Bay Beach each day with no exceptions.
- Upon entering the beach, security may ask for you to show the items within your bags. Refusal to do this will make a patron inadmissible to the beach.
- Eligible pass holders will enter through the Ashwood or Main Street entrances and leave through the Ashwood or Schooley Road exits.
The following are NOT ALLOWED on Bay Beach:
- Fires, dogs, glass containers, littering, public defecation/urination, alcohol, smoking or vaping tobacco/cannabis, BBQs, pavilions, tents of any size or type, sport-brellas or any material mounted on supports. Only umbrellas with a centre pole no greater than seven feet, six inches in height and a maximum shade diameter of nine feet will be permitted.
Bay Beach rules are enforced by onsite beach staff, security and by-law enforcement.