-PUBLIC CONSULTATION: Ott Rd Bridge
Replacement of Ott Road Bridge (S051B)
CONTRACT # ISE-19P-BRIG20
Description of Existing Structure
The following table summarizes structure information:
182 m North of
West Main Street
Structure S051B provides a two lane wide crossing of Ott Road over Black Creek Municipal Drain. This section of Ott Road is considered a collector road and has an ADT of 465 vehicles per day.
Through the Town’s bridge inspection programme, the Ott Road structure has been identified as a “Now” priority and the Town must move forward to address the replacement of this structure.
The Town has retained Ellis Engineering Inc. to address these Study Objectives:
- To meet the requirements of the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (EA) including the establishment of need, the evaluation of alternatives, consultation with the public, and the recommendation of a preferred solution.
- To prepare a Preliminary Design for a new structure and the affected road approaches based on the preferred solution from the Class Environmental Assessment study.
- To prepare a Detailed Design (drawings and tender documents) for a new structure and the affected road approaches based on the preferred solution from the Class Environmental Assessment study.
Virtual Public Consultation
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town is hosting our Public Consultation online. This virtual PIC presents our preferred alternative for the replacement of Ott Road Bridge (S051B).
A question submission period will open from Tuesday, September 1st 2020 until Friday, October 9th 2020
Public Information Centre Boards
Please click on the boards below for further information and to see the Town's preferred option (will open up a new tabs/windows):
Responses to questions and comments received during this engagement period can be posted as a separate document on a weekly basis during the PIC period.
We want to hear from you! To submit questions please use one of the following methods:
- Please contact the Town's Project Manager, Town of Fort Erie by email: email@example.com or phone 905-871-1600 ext 2412
- Mail: You can send us a letter, along with your contact details, to:
Robert D. Judd, P.Eng, Municipal Engineer - Infrastructure Renewal
Engineering Division, Town of Fort Erie, 1 Municipal Centre Drive, Fort Erie, ON L2A 2S6
Please note that information will be collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. With the exception of personal information, please note all comments will become part of the public record.
CLICK HERE TO SEE PREVIOUS COMMENTS AND ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
(Link will become active when the Town begins receiving feedback)
The Engineering Consultant will develop and analyze alternatives for the replacement of the structure. Evaluation of alternatives should consider life cycle cost, along with the transportation and environmental needs of the project area.
The Consultant shall also prepare contract tender packages for the structure replacement for tendering and construction as soon as reasonably possible.
Design issues to be considered by the Consultant for replacement structure works include, but are not limited to:
- Structure hydraulic capacity to meet applicable standards and regulations;
- Roadway cross section on the structure and approaches, including clear zone and sidewalk considerations;
- Any changes to the vertical or horizontal alignment of the roadway approaches;
- Guardrails or railings on approaches and structure;
- Environmental considerations.
- Construction methods (full road closure versus staging work so roadway remains open for traffic)