COVID-19 - Town Services
Facilities Closures (no public access)
- Fort Erie Museums (indoor only)
- Point Abino Lighthouse
- Leisureplex Arena and Banquet Hall
- Crystal Ridge Arena and Community Centre
All critical services, including water and wastewater and road operations as well as fire services will continue to operate to support our community. For after-hours services, including road or wastewater operations, please call 905-871-1600. For emergency assistance from fire services please call 911.
- Fire Services
- Water & Sewer Emergency repairs and water quality monitoring
- Water Meter Sales to support building occupancy
- Major Road, Pothole and Trench repairs
- Winter Maintenance
- Forestry Emergencies
- Building Permit Inspections
- Capital Project Continuance
Arenas will reopen Monday, January 31st. At this time, you can expect the following:
- Screening will resume at the front doors of the arenas as patrons enter.
- All patrons are required to wear a mask while in the arenas except for participants while on ice.
- Capacity limits will be posted in dressing rooms and spectator areas.
- Ice rentals will resume as scheduled.
- All arena visitors will require a valid QR code version for proof of vaccine (12 years of age and older). Versions without the QR code are no longer be accepted. QR codes can be downloaded or printed from the Provincial Health website. Hard copies can also be requested to be mailed to your home from the Province.
- From January 31 to February 4, patrons can print hard copies of the QR code at the Leisureplex office during office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Dedicated walking track hours will resume (Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.) The walking track may be used during other times when the arena is open for ice rentals.
- Food or beverage sales are prohibited in recreational facilities at this time. The concession, pub and vending machines are anticipated to be closed until February 21st.
The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry (MNRF) places fire daytime burning restrictions between April 1 & October 31 every year in Registered Fire Zones. Fort Erie does not fall under any of these zones at this time. A reminder that Fort Erie does have an Open Burn By-law and we want to remind residents to follow the rules under this By-law No. 93-2020.
Fort Erie Transit
On October 4, 2021, The Town of Fort Erie switched to On-Demand Transit (ODT) service from a fixed-route service.
This new service gives riders the ability to request a ride through a new On-Demand Transit app (available for download at the Apple Store and Google Play), by boarding an ODT vehicle or by calling 1-833-BUS-LINE (287-5463).
For more information about ODT, please visit https://fetransit.ca/.
Customer Service Unit
The Town Hall is open to the public. A screener will greet you at the front door and ask COVID-related questions. Please wear a mask when visiting Town Hall. Although open, customers are encouraged to access Town services online, or contact Town representatives at www.contactus.forterie.ca or by telephone at 905-871-1600, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Alternative options for those needing to make a payment can be found at www.forterie.ca/Due Dates & Payment Options.
Please tune in via our YouTube page to watch meetings live at https://www.youtube.com/townofforterie . Council will be conducting meetings via web-conferencing during this time.
Future meetings may be cancelled depending on the status of COVID-19. The Town streams all council meetings live on our YouTube Channel. Alternatively, council meetings are available the following Saturday at 9 a.m. on YourTV Niagara. For agendas, reports, budget packages, and links to view meetings online, visit www.forterie.ca/pages/CouncilAgendasandMinutes.
Public Meetings and Open Houses (Virtual Only)
All public meetings and open houses are being held virtually via Zoom until further notice.
Drop-Offs and Deliveries
Town Hall has a 24-hour drop-off box that is conveniently located in the parking lot at the main entrance. Alternatively, mail can be sent to 1 Municipal Centre Drive, Fort Erie ON L2A 2S6. During business hours there is also a drop-box for payments and documents located just inside the front entrance.
TENDERS, RFPs and PRE-QUALIFICATION SUBMISSIONS
All solicitations including Tenders, RFPs and Pre-Qualifications should be submitted through the Town's bidding portal at https://www.biddingo.com/forterie. Respondents shall review the Instructions to Bidders in each solicitation document for further information. Public openings of solicitations may be conducted via teleconference. Shortly following the bid closing time, results will be published to the Biddingo website in the same location where bid documents were obtained. Any inquiries regarding this procedure should be directed to Justin Kelly, Manager of Procurement & Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
If you have questions regarding your MPAC assessment or questions regarding the process for assessments at this time, please visit the MPAC webpage at: https://www.mpac.ca/HowAssessmentWorks/2020AssessmentUpdate. If you would like updates from MPAC partner organizations please visit: https://www.mpac.ca/COVID19UpdatesourPartners.