Building Permit Fees and Reports
Building Permit Fee Public Meeting: Monday, January 18, 2021 at 6:00pm
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the closure of Town Hall, all Council meetings are being held electronically in compliance with the electronic participation provisions of the Municipal Emergency Act, 2020 and Council Rules of Procedure By-law No. 36-2016, as amended. All electronic meetings are being conducted using the Zoom or Zoom Webinar platform and can be viewed live on the Town's YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/townofforterie or by clicking on the YouTube icon on the home page of the Town's website at www.forterie.ca. All Council & Council-in-Committee meetings will continue to be recorded and archived for future public viewing.
Report for Meeting
The report (PDF) for the January 18, 2021 public meeting can be view using the link below.
Report ---> PDS-09-2021 Building Permit Fees
You can participate and watch the virtual meetings in three different ways:
1. Participate in the Live Webinar Meeting (audio and video) by clicking the Join Meeting link.
2. If you do not wish to speak at the meeting please watch via YouTube
3. Participate in the Meeting by Telephone by calling one of the telephone numbers provided below
- Enter in the webinar ID, password and press the "#" key when asked for a participant number.
- If you would like to raise your hand during the meeting press *9 on your telephone. Press *9 again to lower your hand.
** Links, telephone numbers and other meeting information will be available at least 60 minutes prior to the meeting start time. Participants are encouraged to enter the meeting 15 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
You may also send your written comments and questions via e-mail, mail or drop off in the Town drop off box located at Town Hall to the attention of the planner referenced above.
Development Charges play an important role in financing the cost of new infrastructure growth (i.e. sewer & water services, stormwater ponds, fire stations, road improvements etc).
Each new residential dwelling, commercial & industrial building requires infrastructure & associated services. The fees acquired through the Development Charges assist in funding the infrastructure necessary for growth.