Building Department Staff
Building Officials (Inspectors) are responsible for the review and approval of building plans, the issuance of Building Permits and inspections under the Ontario Building Code (OBC). Including the approval of the structural and mechanical elements of buildings, as well as plumbing, heating, ventilating, septic systems and their maintenance.
Note: The Town's Building Officials abide by the Code of Conduct for Building Inspectors established under By-law No. 80-214. Click Here to view the Code of Conduct.
Contacts within the Building Department:
Chief Building Official
Keegan Gennings, CBCO
(905) 871-1600 ext. 2515
Ginnette Hassell Packer
(905) 871-1600 ext. 2516
Senior Building Inspector
(905) 871-1600 ext. 2519
(905) 871-1600 ext. 2522
(905) 871-1600 ext. 2541
(905) 871-1600 ext. 2518
(905) 871-1600 ext. 5510
The Useful Links below have been provided to assist with the building process & inquiries. Should any questions arise, please do not hesitate to the Town's Building Staff.
- Qualified and Registered Designers
- The Qualification and Registration Tracking System (QuARTS) Public Search Registry
- Ontario Land Surveyors (OLS)
- Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH)
- Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA)
- MMAH's Citizens' Guide - Building Permits
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)