Budget & Finances
The Town’s budget is developed annually and designed to support Council’s Strategic Plan and Official Plan commitments. The process relies on sound financial planning and prudent fiscal management practices. As a result, the Town is able to allocate resources appropriately to provide services to its residents and effectively maintain infrastructure.
The budget is guided by Council’s 2018-2022 Strategic Plan with priorities that include:
- Optimizing health, housing and social well-being through service access and healthy lifestyles.
- Sustainable infrastructure for the future.
- Attracting interest and investment through strong advocacy and promotion.
- Promoting business, economic growth and employment opportunities.
- Managed growth through responsibility, stewardship and preservation.
2022 Budget Timeline
Capital Budget & Forecast
November 17, 2021 - Budget-in-Committee: Capital report and presentation
February 28, 2022 - By-laws: Levy & General Capital
Water & Wastewater
December 8, 2021 - Budget-in-Committee: Water & Wastewater report and presentation
January 17, 2022 - By-law: Water & Wastewater Budget and Rates
General Levy Budget
February 2, 2022 - Budget-in-Committee: Town Levy & Library reports and presentations
February 28, 2022 - By-laws: Levy and General Capital
2022 BUDGET LINKS
Presentation - 2022 Capital Budget