Bay Beach Admission, Parking, Rules
During the 2020 summer season, Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) was closed to anyone without a Fort Erie resident season pass. Fort Erie resident season passes for Bay Beach were available to Fort Erie residents, Fort Erie taxpayers and Fort Erie short-term rental operators only.
Temporary operational changes to Bay Beach due to COVID-19 (i.e. Resident Season Pass holders only) could be in effect for the 2021 summer season. Town of Fort Erie staff will re-evaluate prior to the reopening of Bay Beach in May of 2021.
Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach)
Bay Beach has a vast sandy area with clear water where locals and visitors can enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. Bay Beach has undergone extensive renovations to provide an accessible and modern beach facility for the enjoyment of locals and visitors alike. New park features include:
- State-of-the-art change and washroom facility (closed for the season)
- New playground donated by the Ridgeway Lions Club
- Festival square for community events
- Accessible ramp down to the beach
- Beach mats to provide access to the water’s edge
- Viewing deck that extends over the beach
4155 Erie Rd, Fort Erie
Bay Beach Rules
All of the following are not allowed on Bay Beach:
- Glass Containers
- Public defecation/urination
- Smoking, vaping or cannabis
- Pavilions, tents of any size or type, sport-brellas or any material mounted on supports is not permitted
Note: Only umbrellas with a centre pole no greater than seven feet six inches in height and a maximum shade diameter of nine feet will be permitted.
Thank you for following these rules to keep the beach a safe public place.